Now a day it is not easy to balance work and family. We all know that work pressure in these days for almost all type of jobs is much more than old days. Even for 10,000 rupees salaried people, they have to work at least three times more worth job. Then no need to ask about high salaried people. They have to sacrifice nearly their full time for their work.
During this busy life most of the people forget that they have a family too. Their partner and children are waiting for them every day eagerly to spend time with them. It is one’s duty to give his/her family to give financial support, but it is not all that your family expect from you. This is the time to realize that money is only a part of happiness, another part should be filled with your involvement with your family.
Mahatma Gandhiji once said, “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.”
You can try any of the below to make your involvement with your family:
- To make your family members feel comfortable with you is to first make yourself get relaxed when you are at home. Your loved ones will be happy at least if you can spend 30 minutes with them.
- Even if it’s late and others have done their dinner, no need to worry, just sit with them and enjoy a small snack time with a little chat about your day. It will make them happy too.
- Try to do things together; if it is big or small so that your family can feel you around, at least for a short time each day instead of looking into your phone or computer.
- Another better way to spend time with your children is to enjoy the bed time with them by having a little chat before going to sleep in the bed itself, asking your children about their time in school and about their friends. Atleast tell them a bed time story. This is a better way to get relaxed from your work load also.
- Every week reserve at least one night for your family. It can be a movie time, a game night or a party, whatever it is, that will make you relaxed and help to create a strong bond between you and your family.
Most of the working parents think that if they relax for some time when there are pending works, it will increase their strain. But it is not true. In real, if you find short times for relaxation during work time, you can be restoring your both mental as well as physical strength.
Apart from work there are lot more things those ruin your personal life, such as smart phone, computer etc. Your smartphone and computer may be capable of connecting you to the whole world via email, messaging, social networks and the wider web, but it is the time you to realize that it is also capable to disconnect you from your beloved ones.
Now a day, a serious issue is there between couples called ‘Phubbing’ in which they choose to spend their time together staring at their phones rather than interacting with each other. This is merely the thin end of a very large wedge that could harm our ability to connect and communicate with other people face-to-face.
Try to realize that ‘playing angry birds’ in your phone is never better than ‘reading a book’, ‘Tweeting’ all about your life is never better than ‘eating out at a restaurant with your family’ and ‘surfing’ pointless websites is never better than ‘learning to speak another language’.
Coca-Cola’s former CEO Brian Dyson once said in his speech about life, “Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them work, family, health, friends and spirit. And you’re keeping all of them in the air. You will soon understand that ‘work’ is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls- family, health, friends and spirit-are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.”
So, it is the right time not to look backward to judge your faults, but look forward to correct your mistakes before it is too late.